Interviews of any kind can be daunting for most, however when you are representing your brand and trying to generate positive PR for your company, it can be even scarier!
We have put together a list below to help you prepare for your interview and maybe even enjoy it!
- Ask ahead of your interview if you can be sent across any planned questions, this will allow you to prepare your answers beforehand. Avoid however rehearsing your responses and reading it back as a script. See your planning session as an opportunity to think about what you would like to cover during your interview and check that everything you wish to promote is included. It may help if you make a list of the most important points you need to make during the interview, just to keep you on track.
- If you are interviewing online or over the phone, make sure your equipment is all in working order beforehand.
During The Interview
- Have your list of important topics with you, this will save you losing your flow and ensure you don’t miss anything to get the most from this PR opportunity.
- Be aware of the speed you are talking, it is very common when we are nervous to talk very fast and important parts of your interview may be missed if you do.
- Be sure to send a follow-up note thanking the journalist for their time and enquiring about the publishing date.
- After all your hard work, make sure you make the most of your interview. Share the content across your social media, mention it on your website and add a link your email newsletter.